Your secret weapon to fight the trolls and WIN
This video from The Hopefull Institute Founder Glen Gerreyn explains the simple steps to avoid online trolls and why it is essential to do so.
Social media trolls are everywhere. They can be someone you know or a complete stranger trying to bring you down.
As this video outlines, the best thing to do if someone posts something negative on your Facebook page, Instagram wall or Twitter feed is to not bother reading it. Or at the very least, don’t read it more than once.
Then follow these steps:
– Delete the comment
– Block the user
Don’t write back.
Don’t allow them to be part of your inner circle.
Just delete the comment and move on. This frees you from having negative words bouncing around in your head.
Some quick truth bombs:
– Not everybody’s opinion matters. Sure, they’re entitled to their opinion, but it doesn’t have to matter to you.
– All people are equal. Not all ideas are equal.
– Not every follower is a friend (remember that one; it’s important).
Mark Twain said it best: “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.” When you’re on social media, you will always encounter small minded-people who will try to hold you back.
Surround yourself with amazing people who will make you believe you can be great as well.
Take a look at this video to find out what ‘crabs in the bucket’ means and how to avoid this type of scenario. You’ll also discover more about:
– How to lift others up and be the voice of optimism
– The real number of friends you need to be happy (this will blow your mind)
– Why social media puts walls around our beliefs and creates an echo chamber of ideas
– Why every single critic is wrong
– The importance of letting what you see challenge your perspective, rather than being quick to form an opinion
Watch the video and learn how to stop the trolls from shooting down your confidence.